Tag! I’m it! (…and so are you!)
My lovely and talented friend, Skye, has an adorable blog over at www.neatheringourfest.com. Skye happens to be one of the few bloggers I actually know in real life. She’s got a fantastic handmade shop on Etsy called Thumbprint Designs where she makes adorable upcycled craftiness and some wayyyy cute college themed notecards. Makes me wish I went to a fancy school people have actually heard of!
Anyway! Skye tagged me in a fun little tag-you-friends type bloggy post doodad, and I thought it would be fun. I don’t think I have 11 people who have blogs to tag back, but I’ll answer the questions and tag 11 people I think might come here and at least answer my questions in the comments if they don’t have a blog.
Here are the rules:
- You must post the rules.
- Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you
- Then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag 11 people and link them in your post.
- Let them know you have tagged them.
1. have you ever gone back and read your very first blog post? what is one thing that makes you cringe and one thing that makes you smile?
Sure! I just read it while I was doing some updates to my sneeze page and what not after my almost year long blogging hiatus. Nothing about that particular post makes me really cringe… perhaps my use of the word “whore”? But I stand by it. LOL! The pics of my sweet then 6 month old Henry Boy make me smile from ear to ear!
2. tell us all about your favorite pair of shoes. where did you get them? what did you buy them for? what is your favorite memory while wearing them?
I always have a pair of Rainbow flip flops… either with the rainbow or just plain black soles. I bought them online b/c I couldn’t find anywhere locally that sold the ones I wanted. I bought them to make my flip flop wearing feet happy. I wear them fairly non-stop during the flip-flop wearing months, so in Texas that’s about April-October… I don’t know if I can pinpoint one memory. I know I was wearing a pair with my horribly swole up feet squeezed into them the day we brought Henry home from the hospital, and that’s a nice memory.
3. if you could go back and do one thing you didn’t do, what would it be?
Nothing! I’m a freak about these questions and the whole, “what’s one thing you regret” type of questions or “what’s something you would do over again”… I think I’ve watched and read too many sci-fi/fantasy genre movies and books in my day, but I say nothing b/c what if that one little thing would change the course of events in my life and I end up homeless living in a van down by the river instead of perfectly happy and content with my sweet little family living in a brick home down by the railroad tracks… So I go with nothing. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
4. what is your go-to beverage first thing in the morning?
Coffee. Must have coffee.
5. do you sleep with the fan on or off?
On. Definitely on. It gives me a claustrophobic feeling to think of sleeping with the fan off. I wish fans were required in all hotel rooms. We stayed in a hotel in CA once with a fan in the room and I was happy as a clam.
6. what is your favorite thing about the home you currently reside in?
It’s the first home Aaron and I lived in together. It’s where we brought both of our babies home to. It’s the first home both of my boys are going to remember. It has an amazing closet that I designed myself and Aaron painstakingly installed for me.
7. money aside, you get to plan the absolutely perfect date. spill the details.
I’m not terribly romantic or into fancy stuff, so I’m totally drawing a blank here. The first thing that comes to mind is that I’d like to go ride rollercoasters and not have to wait in line. So perhaps that would have to be it… a private day at Six Flags for roller coaster riding with my main squeeze. Hey even the kids could come, but someone else would have to take care of them. Ha!
8. do you get nervous pulling your car into the bay when you get your oil changed? or is that just me?
I haven’t had to take my vehicle for an oil change since I met Aaron! Well maybe once before we had kids, but not since. But before when I had to do those sorts of things for myself, no… it doesn’t bother me. I bet it totally bothers Aaron though… he’s not so good with spacial awareness while driving a vehicle… especially if it’s a large one. But I love him despite all that.
9. the eternal debate: mac or pc?
Definitely Mac. My name is Sarah, and I’m a Mac. And an iPhone and an iPad. If Apple started selling shoes, I’d probably buy them, too.
10. what habit do you have that you would pay someone to help you get rid of?
I can’t think of any habits. I bet if you as my Mom or Aaron or my close friends, they’d rattle off a list… Perhaps over shopping at the grocery store, or maybe just overspending while shopping anywhere would be a good one. I don’t know that that’s really a habit per se, but it’s definitely something I do that I’d love to stop doing permanently.
11. what is one habit you wish you could naturally pick up and have for the rest of your life?
Exercise. I wish I exercised enough that it felt like a habit and that I missed it if I couldn’t squeeze it in one day instead of dreading making time for it b/c I know I need to do it.
Here’s my questions:
1. What is your middle name? Any significance to it?
2. What is your favorite dessert?
3. Name your top 3 pet peeves.
4. What is the last item you bought that was over $50?
5. What were the colors in your wedding? (if you’ve been married… if not… If you had to plan a wedding today, what would your colors be?)
6. What was your favorite year of school? (why…?)
7. Who is your favorite character? (from a book, movie, tv show… you pick)
8. What is the last movie you saw at a theater?
9. Do you paint your toenails?
10. What did you eat for lunch yesterday?
11. If I gave you $1000 right now what would you do with it?
OK… Now your turn!
5. Skye (I want you to come back and answer my questions! … is that cheating?)
10. Jess P.
11. YOU! (if you’re not listed but are here, join in the fun and answer the questions in the comments! do it!)